Friday 22 March 2019


Like you, I am incredibly disappointed that Hastings Pier would not be open for the end of March as originally planned. 

It is unacceptable if the pier remains closed indefinitely and I cannot support any scenario where this is the case.

Following discussions with the pier owner, I understand the extended closure comes as a result of fresh structural damage. Further repairs are now, as I understand, being conducted.

In those discussions I have been assured that the pier will be open at the start of May for the Pier Jam event.

Nonetheless, these assurances must be backed up with actions. 

I urge the owner of Hastings Pier to conduct these repairs as a priority so that the pier may open as soon as possible. Our town cannot keep experiencing delay after delay.

There must also be much improved communication with the Hastings communication from the owner. The pier belongs to our town and we must always remember that. 

Ultimately what we all want is for residents to be able to enjoy this impressive landmark of our town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.