Thursday 3 January 2019

Here We Go Again!

One of the reasons for the existence of this blog was to provide in one place information for anyone interested in a case history of the pier, whether historical, architectural, community action or business based.

So I feel it is incumbent upon me to address to a certain extent the current situation.

At this point I reiterate that we cannot blame Mr. Gulzar for the decision of the administrators (Adam Stephens and Finbar O'Connell) to award him the sale.  (Land Registry shows the amount paid to be £60,000)

However, I would like to remind him of some of his statements (paraphrased) when he turned up and took over the floor at the inaugural meeting of the Friends of Hastings Pier (mark II)


  • I don't want to buy Hastings Pier.
  • I can't afford to buy Hastings Pier, even if I wanted to, even the gold rings on my fingers do not belong to me!
  • If it was me, my first concern would be for the shareholders, they are the ones that should be taken care of in the first instant.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.